February 19, 2009

Fun in the SD countryside

Last weekend when I was home I went out on a little photo adventure around my parents farm. I can't believe how many fun things there are to photograph around there.  I am amazed at how many abandon farms there are. I think I ran into about six of them in a 2 mile radius, it is crazy! I am in love with old farms, there is a mystery about them that makes me want to capture it.  I can't wait to go back and dive into another adventure, so much fun!!  Enjoy :)

This image is probably one of my favorites!! I love the heart in the barbed wire! I think it would be fun to come up with a caption for this one :)




I really like trees in the winter, just something about them :)
check out the tree that fell into the other one, thought that was fun!!




love this old car!!

looks like a chevy and ford face off :) wonder which one will win...
love the light on the barn 

love the clouds and color here
Gotta love South Dakota sunsets!! 
I couldn't leave out this picture of one of my moms kittens. They sit up on her deck and peek in the window all day long :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW MUCXH I LIVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY...SO PROUD THAT YOU SHARE YOUR TALANT WITH ALL OF US. MY FAVORITE HAS GOT TO BE THE BARBED WIRE, ALTHOUGH I ENJOY THE REST ALSO. LOVE YA GIRL MOM

Anonymous said...

WOW....you are amazing!!! Do you really know how talented you are???
I love you and am thankful that God chose to put YOU in our family!!! Love ya,
Jen

Becky said...

What part of South Dakota are you from?
(Love all of the photos by the way!)